ACMIT at the European Forum Alpbach 2016 06.09.2016
Following an invitation of the Austrian Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology (bmvit), ACMIT had the opportunity to present a project conducted within the Austrian Security Research Programme KIRAS at the European Forum Alpbach 2016.
microSNIFF – Mobile Detection of critical substances for First Responders
The project microSNIFF has been funded by the Austrian security research programme KIRAS of the Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology (bmvit).
Project idea was the development of a detection system for volatile critical substances as personnel protection equipment for first responders (e.g. firefighters, rescue teams, etc.).
- warning of potential hazards
- first indication about the hazardous situation
- cost-efficient – affordable for various protection and security forces (dual-use)
- simple handling – should also increase the protection for untrained personnel
The developed demonstrator was presented at the bmvit-booth of the Technology Symposium of the European Forum Alpbach on the 25th of August 2016.
- ACMIT Gmbh – Austrian Center for Medical Innovation and Technology
- Sicherheitsakademie – Bundesministerium für Inneres
- Bundesministerium für Landesverteidigung und Sport
- CONTRONIX Elektrotechnik – Sicherheitstechnik
- BECOM Electronics GmbH
- Institut für Managementwissenschaften, TU Wien
- CEST Kompetenzzentrum für elektrochemische Oberflächentechnologie GmbH